10 of the Biggest US Lottery Jackpots of all Time!
We love big lottery wins and sharing the stories with you, but have you ever wondered who won the biggest lottery jackpots, where they were from and which lottery’s they played? Below we have just such a list to share with you. 10. $414 Million Mega Millions jackpot was won by two tickets in the 18th March draw 2014. The one an anonymous winner from Maryland and the other by Raymond Moyer and Robyn Collier of Florida.
9. A $425.3 Million Powerball jackpot was won by a single lottery ticket holder on February 19th 2014. A retiree from California named Mr B. Raymond Buxton.
8. On 7 May 2016 a $429.6 Million Powerball jackpot was won by a single ticket, the winner has yet to come forward. This is one of the biggest single lottery winning tickets ever. Read more about this story here.
7. $448.4 Million Powerball jackpot was won by three tickets on 7 August 2013. The first ticket held by a project engineer from Minnesota, the second a 70 year old man from New Jersey and the third winning ticket was held by a syndicate of 16 colleagues who were victims of Superstorm Sandy.
6. The $564 Million Powerball jackpot drawn on 11 February 2015 saw three winning tickets. One an anonymous player from Puerto Rico, one by Andrew Webber of Texas and the other was held by 26 year old, Marie Holmes of North Carolina. A single mother of four, who had been holding down no less than four jobs to support her family.
5. On the 28th of November 2012 a $587.5 Million Powerball jackpot was won by two tickets. Matthew Good from Arizona held the one winning ticket and Cindy and Mark Hill of Missouri held the other.
4. A $590.5 Million Powerball jackpot was won by a single ticket holder on 18 May 2013. 84-year old Gloria Mackenzie had purchased a very lucky quick pick ticket in her home state Florida.
3. December 17th 2013 saw a $648 Million Mega Millions lottery draw was won by two tickets. Ira Curry from Georgia and Steve Tran of San Jose, California.
2. Three winning tickets laid claim to a $656 Million Mega Millions Lottery jackpot drawn on 30th March 2012. The winning tickets were held by a retired couple from Illinois, Merle and Peter Butler, the “Three Amigos” a group of friends from Maryland and an anonymous winner from Kansas.
1. The biggest Lottery Jackpot in US history was a $1.6 Billion Powerball jackpot that saw three lucky ticket winners. Maureen Smith a 70 year old lady from Melbourne Beach, Florida, John and Lisa Robinson fromMunford Tennessee and an anonymous winner from Chino Hills, California.
Play the Powerball or Mega Millions Lottery’s from anywhere in the world with www.sun7lottery.com